Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Controversies : Uncoventional but Effective Way of Driving Traffic

Gossips is one of the most powerful way of driving traffic to your site. On my home country(PHL), gossips spread like a wildfire especially if it involves showbiz people or high-society individuals. And the advent of the internet made the spreading of news much more easier. And I cannot disagree when people say "May pakpak ang balita, may tainga ang lupa" literally means "News has wings, the land has ears". That refers to how fast news/gossips spread.

Seeing the potential of these, coupled with the Filipino's natural thirst on rumors and gossip, some enterprising bloggers cash on the prospect. And who can make a better rumor like this but gays! BryanBoy has done it before and shoot his ranking up in the clouds. He made up a controversial story, created an email, sent(spam) them to friends and then let the people come. It was so successful that some Filipino A-List bloggers bite into it and made BryanBoy a celebrity. In the old ranking sites, pinoytopsites and pinoyblogosphere, BryanBoy is consistently on top. What's good here is that Bryan got a following... regular visitors on his site full of crap! (oh, sorry about that but that's how I see his posts).

One of the recent example is the case of one blogger seeking revenge(he claims he only wants his money back) from a former lover. His name is Brian Gorrell. Go search for his blog on google to find his site (silly me, I wouldn't give him link from this site... hehee). It is so hot these days, the mainstream media took notice of it already.

I've seen his blog when it started to spread wildly in the net. I actually received an email about his story and to be honest, I got interested. On my first time that I visited Brian's site, . When it was featured on the news, I visited again and was surprised to see new posts. And guess what... ADSENSE!!!! hahaha...

Well, I think that's just natural. With millions of hits on the last two months, I guess he. Who knows, his account might be upgraded by Google if he can keep those traffic. But soon, the topic will fizzle out. So he better make money as soon as possible or better yet, fuel the controversy that he started.

As for you, my dear readers and entrecard droppers, start brewing your own controversy and sent them to your chismosa friends. hehehe...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't - and won't - do it. This kind of traffic building might lead to a serious legal action and could get me in a lot trouble.

Design by Free blogger template