A little experiment last week surprised me when in less than an hour after I posted an article, hundreds of users visited one of my sites. Oh man, that site is just actually a test bed for my SEO expiriments but somehow, google noticed the post a few minutes after I published it.
What I Learned Here?
- Strike While the Iron is Hot - I saw an issue worth posting from a news website. It's about three hours after the original story was published online and five hours after the actual event showed on TV though the issue is already clogging emails for the past few days. I immediately created a post regarding it after realizing that there's not much results in google if you search for it. I created the post in 15 minutes and after 45 minutes, I got 250 visitors.
- Read your Inbox - there's a reason why people send those nonsense emails, including the chain-emails. They either like the contents of the email, they share it with their friends or they believe on what the chain-email tells them and do what it says. Either way, it generates interest and therefore, you may hit a gold with it.
- Post Title - it works, believe me. I carefully selected the title and basically, it was the keyword that I used in searching in google.
- Choose your keywords very well - A little hint. It's a controversial topic. People like controversies, people falling from their pedestal and things like that. A giveaway... SEX sells!!!
- Do it Even if you don't like it - I don't even like the topic but it sure gave me a lot of traffic. So as long as you give your visitors what they want, people wouldn't care if you like the topic or not.
- As always, Google is your bestfriend and Big Brother. So follow him and be obedient, OK? It's for your own good.
Unfortunately, I did not expect it and the template of the test blog is not optimized for adsense. As a result, it did not generate a lot. The CTR is less than 1 percent but that's ok with me. It proved something and whatever I learned from it will be definitely used later. As a matter of fact, I might create a niche blog for it. I think that post will give me a good number of visitors for a while. I would be more than happy if it stays for a week.