It's payout time and a lot of adsense publishers here in the Philippines are already lining up at Western Union branches to get their earnings. But where can we really receive our remittance? Google says that we can get them from any branch offering QuickCash payouts. However if you ask the teller at western union branches, they don't know about QuickCash! The website also doesn't help.
Actually, you can receive your money from any Western Union agent that accepts "RECEIVE" transactions. That means any WU agent here in the Philippines can service you since that's the main service thay they provide here especially for families of OFWs. So when visiting your local WU agent, just tell them that you are to receive the money and more importantly, don't forget to bring the following
- MTCN - That's the Money Transfer Control Number. That what they need to know which transmittal is for you. They won't process your request unless you have this. Of course, google gives you this.
- Exact amount to receive
- Google's address
- Two Valid IDs (company ID, any government ID like SSS, GSIS, Driver's License, Postal, TIN)
I print out the payment advise by google for easy access on MTCN and address. Of course, printing it will also help me remember the exact amount which is one of the questions that will be asked for verification.
Western Union QuickCash Centers
- Sanry's Foreign Exchange in Glorietta - I like this place. Since they are a money exchange shop, the exchange rate to peso is usually 10-15 cents higher than in the bank. It's a no-fuzz transaction and really fast! I recommend this if you happen to visit Glorietta.
- eBiz Solutions - I transacted in Paseo De Roxas but I saw this in other places as well. I saw one in Pedro Gil and they are open on weekends! They are also open until 7pm during weekdays. Like Sanry's this is highly recommended.
- RCPI - They allow USD payout. I tried but their system was down that time. They require you to fill-out a form. Some kind of membership card that they said will help speed up your next transaction. There's RCPI everywhere and like eBiz, they are open on weekends.
- BPI - exchange rate is a little lower than eBiz and Sanry's but still competitive
- China Bank - takes ages to complete the transaction. This is the first agent that we tried and it took more than 1 hour
- Tambunting Pawnshop - haven't tried yet
We hope that we helped you with this post. :)